Admissions Session Overview
A Three-Step Process
Sponsoring Organization Internal Nomination
Beginning in February
- Candidates are nominated by a senior executive in their organization.
- Each organization designates a Point of Contact (POC) who coordinates the internal nomination process.
- Nomination procedures vary by organization. Please check with your organizations POC for details.
Submission of Applications
Deadline: April 15
- Each sponsoring organization is given a finite number of program spots. This ensures a diverse cohort of Fellows who represent military, government, and private sectors.
- POCs submit the strongest applications from among those nominated.
- Individual applications from other appropriate and interested groups within the national security community, such as non-governmental organizations, may also be considered. Please contact Seminar XXI directly for more information.
Selection of Fellows
- The Seminar XXI Admissions Board, which is drawn from the alumni/ae board and executive committee, meets in early June to review applications.
- POCs and accepted Fellows are notified in mid-June.
- Program invoices are issued by mid-July.
Find Seminar XXI alumni from your organization
Find out who attended and the national security topics discussed.
2017–2018 Session Dates
Look ahead and plan ahead. The dates for the 2017-18 sessions are already scheduled.